Canada comes for Fox News over its false Quebec mosque tweet

Https%3a%2f%2fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2fuploads%2fcard%2fimage%2f367982%2fba7e98d1-a82e-46c2-8bce-05725645e562
Feed-fb

Fox News has been scolded by the Canadian government after it told more than 13 million Twitter followers the deadly mosque attack in Quebec Monday had been committed by a person “of Moroccan origin.”

On Tuesday, Kate Purchase, director of communications for Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, told Twitter she’d emailed Fox over the “false and misleading” tweet, sharing screenshots of the message to the news organisation.

While some early media reports mistakenly claimed the suspect was of Moroccan background and that there were two gunman, most have since corrected the record. As of Tuesday evening, Fox News’ tweet is still online. …

More about Terrorist Attack, Mosque, Quebec Islamic Cultural Centre, Canada, and Justin Trudeau …read more

Via: Mashable: Media

Be first to comment


8 × five =