Samsung Galaxy S4 Catches Fire and Melts Next to Sleeping Teen

Samsungcharred
Feed-fb

Texas teen Ariel Tolfree received a rude awakening when her Samsung galaxy S4 smartphone caught fire overnight, as she slept next to it, according to a new report. This incident is the latest in a string of Samsung-related battery fires.

”The whole phone melted,” Ariel’s dad, Thomas, told local television station KDFW. “The plastic, the glass. You can’t even really tell that it was a phone.” Ariel, 13, said the phone slipped under her pillow as she slept

When a burning smell woke her up, she discovered the phone had cracked and melted, burning a hole through her pillow. “I didn’t think much of it, so I went back to sleep, and then I woke up again and it was more prominent,” Ariel said. Her father added that he suspects the phone’s battery overheated, and swelled up …

More about Samsung, Battery, Tech, Gadgets, and Us …read more

Via: Mashable: Gadgets

Be first to comment


8 − = zero